Classic Hummus (Tahini-Free)


This is my favorite traditional hummus recipe! Though breaking from the classic version, I do not use tahini in my recipe. Unless you tend to make hummus a lot, most people do not just have tahini lying around the house. I also find it difficult to handle with the constant stirring and separating of the oil from the paste. I'm sure it is user error, but I don't find that it adds much to the hummus therefore it is not worth the (slight) hassle. Remember, I like to keep it simple!

What you'll need:

2 cans reduced sodium garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
1 garlic clove
Juice of one large lemon
1/3 cup water
1 tbsp. EVOO
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. cumin


Using a food processor, pulse the garlic until it's finely diced. Next, add the rinsed garbanzo beans, lemon juice, EVOO, water, cumin, and kosher salt to the food processor. Turn your food processor on and blend until smooth. If the hummus is too thick, continue to add water 1 tbsp. at a time until you reach the desired smoothness.



Comments

Popular Posts