Grilled Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers


There's something special about spending your summer nights outside grilling. We were in one of those moods tonight so I felt it was perfect timing to try out this turkey burger recipe I've been dying to make.  It was inspired by one of my friends, Lindsay, who sent me a photo this past week of a spinach and feta turkey burger she had created at home.  It was piled high with so many goodies.  I've been craving something like it ever since. So off I went to create my own recipe for a spinach and feta turkey burger.  This burger far exceeded my expectations. So much balance and flavor in every bite. This will definitely be a crowd pleaser in your homes!

I love getting inspiration from all of you so keep it coming!

What you'll need:

 1 lb ground turkey breast or ground chicken breast
1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 oz. feta cheese crumbles
1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced (optional)
Gluten free bun or other bun of choice

Additional fixin's:

Hummus of choice 
(try my classic hummus, black bean hummus, or avocado & lima bean hummus!)
Sliced avocado
Grilled red onion
Spinach leaves
Tomato slices


In a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey breast, spinach, EVOO, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and optional parsley. Mix it all together by hand or with a spoon until combined. Next, gently fold in feta cheese crumbles until evenly mixed in.

Form turkey mixture into 4 equal sized patties. It helps if your hands are wet when forming the patties so the mixture doesn't stick to your hands as much.


Make sure your grill is heated or your non stick griddle is on medium high heat. Place turkey burgers on your grill or cooktop, and cook on each side for about 5 minutes each or until burgers are cooked through. Once cooked, remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.

Since we had the grill heated already, I decided to throw on some asparagus and red onions which made for a great side dish. I just drizzled the asparagus with a little EVOO, salt, and pepper. The grilled red onions were used on the burgers. 

Making full use of the grill, we also toasted our buns on there. I love Rudi's hamburger buns. Clean eating buns that are so delicious.


Begin layering your burger with whatever fixin's you desire. Hummus makes an amazing condiment for this burger.  I suggest spreading one side bun with hummus then layering the turkey burger, tomato, avocado, grilled red onions, and fresh spinach leaves.


Look at those layers! YUM!


Comments

Popular Posts