Grain-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread


It's that time of the year again! PUMPKIN EVERYTHING! Living in Florida after living in beautiful Colorado makes it a little more difficult for me to get in the mood for fall. It was so easy in Colorado because come September the mornings begin to cool even more, and the highs begin to drop below 80 degrees. I'm not sure that ever happens in Florida, but I will hold on to my memories of those glorious fall days in Colorado to get me through. For now, I will sit inside my very air conditioned home pretending it's cool outside, and bake my heart out. One of the first things I would always bake when September rolled around was this pumpkin chocolate chip bread. The only difference now is that it needs to be grain-free! This pumpkin bread recipe is everything I hoped it would be: moist (sorry to anyone who hates that word, but it is!) and filled with those fall spices we all adore. Needless to say, my home smells amazing right now. If you are looking for the perfect recipe to give you that fall feeling, you've found it!

I will also share a few of my favorite fall photos from Colorado:
See more here if you're interested!




Okay, back to the pumpkin bread!

What you'll need:

1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp tapioca starch or arrowroot powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 large, very ripe banana
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup raw honey or unrefined coconut sugar 
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 dark chocolate morsels
(such as Enjoy Life Dark Morsels which are allergen-free)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease 4 mini loaf pans or a muffin tin. I prefer to use mini loaf pans or a muffin tin because they tend to make these grain-free goods bake more evenly. Plus, they make for more appropriate portion sizes. 

In a mixing bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca starch or arrowroot powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.

In a separate mixing bowl, beat together your coconut oil and sugar/honey. Next, beat in the eggs and vanilla. Finally, beat in the pumpkin puree, banana, and apple cider vinegar.

Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, stirring until thoroughly combined. Fold in your dark chocolate morsels. 

Fill your mini loaf pans or muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. 

For mini loaf pans- bake for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center of the loaf.

For muffin tins- bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center of the muffin.





Comments

Popular Posts